Marketing Plan - “How To”
What is a marketing plan?
A marketing plan is a report that outlines your marketing strategy for the coming year, quarter or month.
Typically, a marketing plan will include:
An overview of your business’s marketing and advertising goalsA description of your business’s current marketing positionA timeline of when tasks within your strategy will be completedKey performance indicators you will be trackingA description of your business’s target market and customer needs
Learning how to write a marketing plan forces you to think through the important steps that lead to an effective marketing strategy. A plan will also help keep you focused on your high-level goals.
How to create a marketing plan.
1. Write a simple executive summary.
2. Set metric driven marketing goals.
3. Outline your user persona
4. Research all of your competitor.
5. Set accurate key baselines & metrics.
6. Create an actionable marketing strategy.
7. Set tracking or reporting guidelines.
8. Make it look professional with a marketing plan template.
The scope of your marketing plan varies depending on its purpose or the type of organization it’s for. For example, you could create a plan that provides an overview of a company’s entire marketing strategy, or simply focus on a specific channel like SEO, social media marketing, influencer marketing, event marketing or online reputation management